Grassfed Flat Iron Steak
We deliver island-wide 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗺𝘂𝗺 𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 $𝟴𝟬.
For orders below $80, a delivery charge of $12 applies islandwide
The Flat Iron Steak has reached cult status in the last 2-3 years. Strange enough this was an unpopular cut for a very long time. Part of the shoulder blade, this cut more often than not finds itself used in ground beef. However meat scientists (yes the occupation does exists!) found this tiny muscle tucked underneath the blade bone, an inactive muscle that once trimmed, produces the second most tender steak on the animal. Found on the forequarter, this steak is characteristically flavourful, perhaps even gamey to some. Here at Meat Co, we like this steak done medium or medium rare.
- Delivered Chilled
- Lightly Marbled
- Always Tender
- A 200-300g portion feeds 1 person
- Raised without the use of Anti-biotics
- Clean Diet, Certified Never Ever Program
- From Free-Ranging Cattle on Pasture
- Stays Fresh in the Chiller for at least 3 days from the date of delivery
- If not consumed within 3 days, please keep in the freezer
- Individually vacuum packed for easy storage
- Delivered via refrigerated truck
A muscle found on the underside of the shoulder blade. An area that is not utilised for movement and as a result is extremely tender.
Meat Co. sources all our grassfed beef from Victoria Australia, in the Gippsland, Lime stone Coast stretch of eastern Australia. We find this region perfect for raising a consistently high quality grassfed beef, which we hope you would enjoy.
Doneness guide: Rare 50 celsius Medium rare 56 celsius Medium 60 celsius Medium Well 64 celsius Well done 68 celsius