We know how much work goes into preparing for the festivities in the coming months. That is why here at Meat Co. we’ve prepared a small range of ready cooked Roasts. Typically we’d love for you to prepare this from scratch in your ovens. Nothing beats the aroma of a Christmas Roast wafting through your kitchens. As usual we’re with you every step of the way, from selecting mouth watering cuts of meat, to walking you through the preparation and cooking process (see Christmas Roast Guide 2023).
Here you will find a short cooking guide, on reheating or adding the final touches to our pre-seasoned and cooked roast. We hope to help you indulge in style and most importantly relax as we ease into the coming Festive Holidays.
Roast & Serve a Whole Turkey in under 2 Hour?
Larchwood Farms British Whole Turkey
Yes it is possible! Especially when we’ve already done 80% of the cooking on your behalf. We marinated your Turkey with a blend of bourbon whiskey, mustard, maple syrup and apple juice. Finally cooking it Sous Vide for 8 hours. Once your order has arrived with you, simply roast for colour and serve!
All Larchwood Farm Turkeys are Hormone & Antibiotic Free, hand plucked and hame hung for the richest flavour!
Here's how to reheat your turkey
1. Allow your turkey to come up to room temperature. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C for 45 minutes.
3. Reheat in the preheated oven for approximately ~1 hour. At the 45 minute mark, start looking out for a golden crisp colour on the skin. Placing a foil over the turkey once you’ve achieved a Golden Brown.
4. Allow the turkey to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps redistribute the juices and ensures a juicy, flavourful result.
5. Carve, serve and enjoy the party!
Having Friends over on Short Notice?
Ready to Carve Tasmanian Wagyu Roast Beef
Sous Vide for over 18 hours. These mouthwatering blocks of wagyu from Robbins Island, Tasmania, may just do the trick for the occasion!
Here's how to reheat for a great experience
1. Temper the roast for 30 minutes, allowing the joint to come up to room temperature.
Make an Impression
Lamb Shank with Red Wine Jus
Sous Vide for over 18 hours, these lamb shanks would pull away from the bone effortlessly. Imagine tender, succulent lamb shanks bathed in a rich, velvety red wine sauce. Surely a crowd favourite on the Christmas Table this year!
The Sauce: To create a sauce that perfectly complements the lamb shank, we use bold Madeira red wine. The wine's rich, fruity notes meld with the lamb's earthy essence to form a sauce that is nothing short of spectacular!
When the Package arrives, here's how to reheat, reduce the red wine sauce and plate up these melt in your mouth lamb shanks.
1. Preheat the Oven 180ºC.
2. Place lamb shank together with the Red Wine Jus inside the Vacuum bag into an Oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the lamb shank from the oven. Heat up a pan on a low flame and add the remaining sauce onto the pan.
4. Lightly stir and simmer the liquid until it reduces and thickens. You could even add a tiny pat of butter for extra richness.
5. Serve over a bed or mash potatoes. Finish by drizzling sauce over the lamb shank and mashed potatoes. Then dine... with wine of course.
They pair wonderfully with mashed potatoes, risotto, maple-glazed carrots